September 16, 2008

WE HAVE CABLE!!

TUESDAY 10:00 am

When we got back our electricity, we had cable for a short time, then it went out until now. We found a small black and white TV and watched the coverage. Electricity is still the big issue for most of the Houston area. People are already getting edgy. If is wasn't for the cool front that came in after IKE, people would already be killing each other.

There are lines up to five miles long waiting for food, ice, and water. I am amazed that people do not get prepared for a hurricane. The sad thing is that they are in their cars and burning gas while they wait. Does this make sense?

The news reporters are already blaming the government for not acting fast enough. One area had to wait three hours for a POD. We live in a such soft society!

I realize I am lucky, however, I can draw upon the experiences of the past. I guess these folks never went camping! However, it is sure nice to have cable back!!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.