September 13, 2008

Surving IKE

12:40 UPDATE

We have electricity!!! Thank you Centerpoint Energy for quick service to our area!

Last night was loud! Our house groaned as Hurricane IKE passed. Due to a category 2 migraine, I took two Tylenol PM and went to sleep. My migraines are definitely weather related. Phyllis stayed up and did not go to sleep. She is really grumpy right now!!

The Katy area survived major damage. There are a lot of trees down, fences down, blown shingles off of older roofs, signs off of stores, and other signs of IKE. Houston did not fair as well. There is a lot of flooding.

I imagine that we will be off of school Monday. It is going to take awhile to assess the damage and get all of the power on in Katy ISD.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.