August 16, 2008

Finding Peanut Butter

When my brother and sisters lived with Aunt Betty, it wasn't unusual to miss a few meals. As a result, we were often searching for food. Across the street, Mrs. Moore, would often give us something to eat. However, I can remember searching for food. On one occasion I remember climbing onto the counter top, opening the cabinet door and finding a jar of peanut butter. Taking a spoon from the drawer, I began eating the peanut butter. It was delicious!

The next time I remember eating peanut butter, I was in a much better situation. My brother, sisters and I were taken in by the Barnett family. My new mom, Otta Mae, loved peanut butter! She made toast and applied a mixture of honey and peanut butter on it. It was the most delicious toast I had ever had! My mom would put peanut butter on waffles, pancakes, and toast with bananas on top. She loved peanut butter and so did I.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.