September 12, 2008

Hurricance IKE -- YIKES

Today, we will be getting ready for Hurricane Ike to make landfall. I have the beginnings of a migraine headache, which I have not had in several months. It is do to the pressure in the atmosphere. Right now it is a '"tropical storm."

Every year for the past fifteen years, we anticipated a hurricane in our area, yet in a strange way we were disappointed. It may be because of all the preparations the weather officials ask you to do or just the fight or flight mechanisms in our brain becoming activated.

Casey Curry of ABC 13 just said that all of the Houston area would be getting 75 to 100 mile an hour winds. Well, I better go board up/tape some windows. It is going to be a busy day!

10:00 Update - TAKE A HIKE IKE

Galveston is already flooding and IKE is still 16 hours away. This is going to be a devastating storm! I have been boarding up some of the windows on the north and east side of the house.

6:00 Update - www.stormpulse.com

The eye of IKE is going to go up I-45. He will probably stall in Conroe. It takes forever to get through Conroe!

1 comment:

Donna G said...

praying for you guys.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.