February 6, 2010

Anxious to Please

Recently, I had a personal revelation. My principal asked me to make a change at work which would require me to teach a different class. After giving it some more thought, I realized that I was putting myself in a vulnerable position with some other personnel. I declined the proposal, which I can tell now was a good decision. This started me on a path to thinking about some of the decisions I have made, because I was trying to be nice, that later turned out to be to my disadvantage.

This episode caused me to think about what I could do to change to being caught in a nice guy trap. Making a trip to Barnes and Noble's, I found the book, Anxious to Please: 7 Revolutionary Practices for the Chronically Nice.
An overview of the book can be found @ http://www.anxioustoplease.com/writings/overview.html

Later........

1 comment:

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.