November 20, 2008

Roofing and an MRI

For the past two months, I have been selling roofs. It has not gone as well as I had hoped. Every storm chasing company in the United States is working this storm. I think I have been coming in too high on my bids. Also, I somehow herniated two cervical discs in the process, and that has really slowed me down. An MRI revealed the injuries. Have you ever had an MRI? Torture! Especially since the operator forced me to lay flat, which killed my neck. Anyway, I went through a steroid regimen and today began physical therapy. I am trying to avoid having surgery.

I would really like to get back to full time teaching in January. Today I applied at three Houston schools. Their website allows you to apply to schools which have openings.

Yesterday I substitute taught a second grade class - a rather chatty group. It was a lot of fun. I really want to get back into teaching full time. My goal is to teach at least until I am 70. I really want to make my life count for something -- know what I mean?

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.