July 23, 2008

Making Money off Jesus

Many years ago I attended the National Christian Booksellers Convention. Anyone who was anyone, as they say, was there ( who was related in some way to Christian publishing). I remember at the time thinking that many of these folks have made a lot of money off Jesus.

Some authors have made millions of dollars off of expounding on and sometimes even expanding the words of Jesus. Even preachers, pastors, pulpiteers, and puppeteers have "made a killing." "Jesus, has been very good to me," they might say.

Whatever happened to "vows of poverty?" That is why ministers were originally allowed to get out of paying social security.

I guess the ministers of our day deserve six figure salaries, expense accounts, housing allowances, and other amenities. By the way, did you know that Creflo Dollar's last name is really Dollar.

If your in the neighborhood, come and look at the pictures my daughter took on her mission trip to Haiti.

1 comment:

Thailand Tracey said...

David, I'd love to see the pictures. Is there anyway Melissa can post them on something like Shutterfly? Is she home now? Can't wait to hear about her experiences.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.