December 27, 2006

University of the Internet

It may amaze you how much information you can get from the Internet. Putting the correct keywords can send you to a gold mine of knowledge. The more you search, the better you become at it.

Recently, I have been searching for information on the brain. One of my favorite finds has been a series of lectures on audio files, recorded by the BBC. These lectures were given by one of the premier neuro-scientist in the world.

Many people still do not realize how much information is on the Internet. I have found out many things about friends I haven't seen in years because of a church website. Phyllis found out about one of her old boyfriends (with my help) from a football team website. He is one of the team physicians.

For me, it is a game to find out as much as I can about a person or subject. Scholarly papers are always exciting to find. If you go to Google Scholar, you may find an article yet it may cost you to download. Capture the title from the abstract and enter it on the regular Google. It is surprising how many times the entire paper comes up on a free site.

Is there anything or anyone you have had a difficult time finding? Email me and I will help or give you some ideas. We may not be able to find what you want, but along the way you may be amazed what is uncovered!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.