July 12, 2006

Melissa's Birthday


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELISSA!!!

Today is my daughter, Melissa's nineteenth birthday. After we had Matthew, I was hoping our next child would be a girl. I thought it would be great to have at least one boy and a girl. Melissa was the answered prayer.

Melissa began talking at six months and never stopped. Definitely the most verbal of our children. She has always been very outgoing and makes friends very easily. Melissa is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside (I sound like my Mom).

Melissa has the gift of making friends, wherever she is. She has always enjoyed being a part of a group of girls and guys that become very close friends.

This summer, Melissa is working as a camp counselor at the Kadesh Camp in Abilene. She is a psychology major at ACU and will be starting her sophomore year. The most important characteristic of Melissa is her deep and abiding love of God. She is a "Jesus freak." Her heart is turned toward Jesus. She gravitates towards children in need, which may eventually lead her to Africa or an inner city ministry.

Happy Birthday, Melissa. Your Mom and I are so proud of you and love you very much!!!

3 comments:

Donna G said...

A beautiful tribute for your beautiful daughter. (I can tell)

Happy Birthday Melissa!

Steve Hawley said...

Congratulations- like father, like daughter!

jettybetty said...

Happy bday Melissa!

David, you do have beautiful women in your life!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.