April 3, 2006

Phil Mickelson - Family Man


Phil Mickelson won the Bell South Golf Classic Sunday by 13 shots. He played his A+ game. He made an eagle on his last hole (not literally). I do not know much about golf, but I do know quite a bit about fathering.

Waking up from a Sunday afternoon nap, in time to watch the last two holes, I watched as Phil Mickelson finished his 18th hole. As he received a standing ovation, his toddler son and daughter ran into his arms. Phil kissed his children, Sophia and Evan. "I missed you guys," he said. "Where's Mom?" Phil found his wife, Amy, and thoughts of the end of Rocky came to mind -- "ADRIAN."

This morning I looked on the internet for a picture of Phil, holding two of his children, with Amy hugging him. I could not find the picture, however, it is firmly in my mind. A picture of a loving husband and father, who happens to be one of the top PGA golfers, is not easily forgotten.

Amanda, Sophia, and Evan, are blessed to have a father that loves their mother and them more than he loves his profession. Even when that profession brings him so many accolades and millions of dollars each year. Something tells me that even if Phil was not a professional golfer, he would still be a loving husband and father.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.