January 3, 2006

Suicide is Painless?

Suicide is Painless
(Theme song for MASH)
Music by Johnny Mandel Lyrics by Mike Altman

Through early morning fog I see
visions of the things to be
the pains that are withheld for me
I realize and I can see...

that suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please.
I try to find a way to make
all our little joys relate
without that ever-present hate
but now I know that it's too late, and...

The game of life is hard to play
I'm gonna lose it anyway
The losing card I'll someday lay
so this is all I have to say.

The only way to win is cheat
And lay it down before I'm beat
and to another give my seat
for that's the only painless feat.

The sword of time will pierce our skins
It doesn't hurt when it begins
But as it works its way on in
The pain grows stronger...watch it grin, but...

A brave man once requested me
to answer questions that are key
is it to be or not to be
and I replied 'oh why ask me?'

'Cause suicide is painless
it brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please.
...and you can do the same thing if you please.


Take Suicide Off the Table
by
David Michael

When life is dark and dreary,
and pain is deep within your soul;
thoughts of death and destruction emerge
and depression takes its toll.

Solutions may be hard to find,
and optimism seems too cavalier;
find a space between your thoughts
before spiraling down in fear.

Take suicide off the table;
it's not an option for your pain.
Open your mind to possibilities
there is so much to gain.

Suicide is not painless,
those who are left behind will say,
Suicide is severely painful,
and it never goes away;
it never goes away.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.