January 2, 2006

Out of the Overflow of the Heart


Jesus said, "Out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks." Contemplating this profound reality, it dawned on me that this applies to everything we do in life that has meaning (it takes me awhile). For example, out of the overflow of the heart:

artists create art,
writers write,
dancers dance,
preachers preach,
teachers teach,
conductors conduct,
fathers father,
mothers mother,
children play,
and grandmothers pray.
(ad infinitum)
dm
My niece, Jessica Torrant, is the artist who created these works of art. Her grandmother and my birth father were siblings. She is the daughter of my cousin Alan and his wife Sharon. They are both very creative and gifted. Check out her website!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.