August 5, 2005

Affirmation Power

I really appreciated Karen's comments yesterday:

God looks down on you every day and says. "This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased."

Comments made by parents to and about their children are so powerful. My parents, and I suspect many of yours, had a difficult time making positive comments to and about their children. They never heard those type of comments from their own parents. There was also this underlying fear that a child would think too highly of themselves, and that would be worse than going through life with low self-esteem.

Children need to be affirmed and blessed by their parents. This gives them confidence and guidance to pursue "the way they should go."

Who is affirming the foster children that are "aging out" of the system at 18? What about children without fathers, especially those in the inner cities?

The affirmation of all affirmations is from our eternal Father. We are the "beloved." This is the message that will close the gap from where we are, to where God wants us to be.

1 comment:

Hoots Musings said...

I grew up just like you described David. Any extra encouragement would make me "high and mighty."

Being denied any encouragement has made me into an encourager.

Thank you for allowing me to encourage you.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.