July 21, 2005

Longing for God

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
-- Psalm 139:13

There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus.
-- Blaise Pascal quotes (French Mathematician, Philosopher and Physicist, 1623-1662)

Deep Inner Longings:

the deep longing for parenting;
the deep longing for companionship and emotional development;
the deep longing for power and freedom, and
the deep longing for meaning and purpose.

from Recovering Connections by Richard D. Grant, JR. Ph.D and Andrea Wells Miller

God created us with a desire to know Him. Blaise Pascal spoke of a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man. Many theologians and philosophers from Augustine to Jung have spoken of deep longings (archetypes) in our soul.

Solomon wrote in the book known as Ecclesiastes, He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men.

...more to come

1 comment:

Hoots Musings said...

I absolutely believe that statement about an internal God hunger in all men.

I think that is why people go bad, they know it and rebel against that internal hunger.

Just my thoughts...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.