June 12, 2005

I'm Going to Be Married

This is a definitely a "work in progress." I am digressing to give more background to my previous blog. These letters are to Ronald's mother. He is writing from where he is stationed in the Army, Ft. Sam Houston, San Antonio, TX.

16 October, 1952
Thursday Evening

Dearest Mom,

It is with some difficulty that I write this letter because I want you to have as little shock as necessary. Before I go into detail I want you to relax and understand that nothing is wrong and I am well and very happy.

If you are prepared which I hope you are I might as well be blunt before I tell you all the facts. I am going to be married next month to Beverly Jenkins. I have mentioned her before only casually but I am sure you remember me mentioning her. The reason you knew nothing of my intentions I had to the marriage is because I didn't want to excite you or give you any unnecessary worry.

(twelve paragraphs)

I'll close for now, Mom. I pray that you won't suffer any schock from this. I expect surprise naturally. Remember, I love you.

All my love,

Ronald



25 October 1952
Saturday A.M.

Dearest Mom,

Please forgive me Mom, I know I have wronged you. I always was a blundering idiot but I guess this tops all. Please don’t take it on yourself you know it isn’t your fault. I hope you can feel close to me again. I never want to feel anything but close to you.

As to Beverly’s description and personality, I’ll try to describe her too you and I’ll send you some snapshots as soon as I get them.

She is quite small, slightly under five feet tall. He has brown hair, brown eyes and fair skin. She weighs between between 95 and 100 pounds which I think is about right for her size, not too fat or too thin.

As to her personality, she is of a happy nature. She makes friends easily and is the kind of a person who you can feel very comfortable with. But she isn’t what I would call an extrovert. I know she’ll like you. I am only hoping that you’ll like her. I’m not worried about it though.

(several paragraphs about upcoming military duties)

Well, I guess I’ll close for now Mom. Please forgive me for being such a poor son to such a wonderful mother. Don’t hate me. I know I’m not making a mistake. Please write soon.

Loads of love,

Ronald

1 comment:

Nancy French said...

Yikes.... Keep them coming!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.