September 8, 2006

Escape with David Degge

Kyle, David, and Mollie Degge

Mollie is a very good friend of mine from my days as a student at Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas. She is also one of my most talented friends. She has a beautiful voice and is a very good actress. Because of her, I almost had my big break. I was one of the guards in her production of Othello. I even had a couple of lines. It didn't take me as far as I wanted to go with my acting career, but it was an education. Actually, I barely made it out of the theater without tripping over my sword. Mollie now teaches fourth grade north of Dallas. She married a fellow Camp Blue Haven counselor, Kyle, and has three children. Her two daughters went to Harding, and she has a son, David, who is a freshman at Abilene Christian University, where Matthew and Melissa attend (my children and all the money I can borrow go to ACU)!

David is a very talented musician. Matthew heard him play at the freshman talent show. The instrument he played -- the dulcimer. If you want to hear a sample of his music go to:
CD Baby.

Another good friend of mine (and reading teacher), Tracey, has a dulcimer. I think it has been awhile since she has played it. Listening to David's music has inspired me! I may borrow Tracey's dulcimer to see if I can get something going. Maybe I will learn to play it, become good at it, and then my big break will come -- Prairie Home Companion!!

2 comments:

Nancy French said...

Now, who is pictured in the photo? Is that her fam, or her with you?

David Michael said...

I captioned the picture. Thanks Nancy.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.