June 2, 2006

If you could live anywhere......?


If I could live anywhere in the world, I would probably choose a ranch in the hill country of Texas. There would be hills, trees, creek, tanks (ponds for those who don't live in Texas), deer, dove, quail, turkey, rattlesnakes, Black Angus, quarter horses, winter, spring, summer, fall, barns, old house, furnace, a least one Mexican ranch hand whose wife could make some mean tamales, country church, a few good neighbors -- at least five miles away, three miles from the road, a great vet, a Piper Cub, big bulls, healthy heifers, calves in the early spring, a big dog, no cats, and a CD of my favorite singing cowboy, the late-great, Chris Ledeux.
Where would you live if you could live anywhere in the world?

5 comments:

jettybetty said...

On Kahana beach in Maui!

David Michael said...

Betty,

I will come visit when I sell one of my prize bulls!

David Michael said...

BTW - Phyllis is the opposite. She is a city girl through and through. She does like living in the town of Katy close to all of the big city conveniences of Houston.

Donna G said...

I haven't been everywhere in the world...how would I know?

But I would like to live on a tropical island that is not too touristy and has a slow pace of life....including going barefoot most of the time...

Hoots Musings said...

I would live anywhere my husband was!
I would like some nice grocery stores though. LOL

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.