May 27, 2006

Schools Out for the Summer!!

School is out for the summer! My two oldest children are going to have a summer I could only dream about!

Matthew left yesterday to spend the summer in San Jose Costa Rica. He will be going to the Spanish Language Institute and working with the church along with four other students. My prayer for him is that his life will be changed by ministering to the citizens of Costa Rica and learning how to work in a mission team environment.

Melissa is going to be a camp counselor this summer at Camp Kadesh on the campus of ACU. Her gift is working with kids. My prayer for her is that she will bless many teenagers this summer. She is very empathetic and a great listener to the problems of teenagers. She is also a great example to young women of someone who has lived a pure life in a tough environment.

Michael is going to Mexico this summer on a two week mission trip with his youth group where he attends church. This is a huge adventure for him. My prayer for him is that his eyes will be opened to those living in abject poverty. Most of this summer he is going to work out so he can get bulked up for fall Katy High School football!

2 comments:

jettybetty said...

I am so thankful our kids have so many opporutunties--and have hearts that are willing to be used! It is a summer I could only have dreamed of!

Please keep us posted on the experiences of all three of yours--I pray they are all changed as they minister in their corner of the world!

Steve Hawley said...

Hey, man- ease up on the head injury comments. My mom could be right! I doubt we had good x-ray equipment back in Nebraska to get an accurate diagnosis! Have a blessed summer with the family, David.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.