December 26, 2005

Grandparents Say the Darndest Things

Phyllis gave her Mom a foot massager for Christmas. It is like putting on battery powered cushy, house shoes. Last night, her mom, who is an octogerian +, referred to it as a "V". In a matter of seconds she made some of the most hilarious comments."

"What size batteries does my "V" use?"

"Hendricks (husband) bought me a "V" a few years ago. It is in the top of the closet. I haven't used one in a long time."

My cousin in-laws gave me a massager that is used in the shower. Melanie gave me one of Steve's batteries he had gotten for something else to make sure it worked. This really bothered my mother-in-law that I had borrowed a battery from Steve. When my father-in-law entered the room, she told on me.

"Hendricks, David took some of Steve's batteries for his "V." We were dying laughing, because it was so innocent that she was referring to the massaging devices as "V's." Hopefully, Granddaddy straighened her out before the next time she went to church and started telling people at church what her daughter got her for Christmas

Remember the book by Art Linkletter, "Kids Say the Darndest Things." Maybe a new book should come out, "Grandparents Say the Darndest Things."

3 comments:

Hoots Musings said...

That is hilarious!!!!!

My mom did the same thing referring to a rap group once. I cannot remember who it was just that we were rolling on the floor with laughter and she was too.

Thanks for jogging a terrific memory.

Nancy French said...

My mom did the same thing with a foot massager, over and over. When we all were giggling, she kept asking "What, what?" and no one had the heart to tell her.

Ugh.

jettybetty said...

Please don't ask my kids what I say--I could already be embarassing ;-)

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.