November 30, 2005

No Operating System Found

NO OPERATING SYSTEM FOUND

This was the message I received on my computer screen yesterday morning. What a great way to start the day! After waking up, I usually turn my computer on, get my cereal and coffee, then check email messages. My Gateway laptop wasn't kind to me when I went to check my email.

Because I didn't have time, I turned it off to work on it when I came back in the evening. After booting and rebooting, I ended up installing Windows again. What happened to my operating system? Did the Grinch that stole Christmas pay me a visit while I was asleep?

This morning, everything is working fine. I checked my email messages and received one from a friend that in response to my email said, "What on earth are you talking about, David??" Perhaps, if you looked into my eyes, you would see the message, "No Operating System Found."

Computer programs don't work without an operating system. Life doesn't work without an operating system either.

We have many operating systems in this life to choose from. Each morning I get many devotional type email messages. Most of them are Christian, but I also get one with a Buddha message (now you are thinking I have a glitch in my hard drive). Christianity and Buddhism are different operating systems.

Most people choose the "default" operating system. It gets a person through the day, however, it has a very limited choice of compatible programs.

to be continued...

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.