November 8, 2005

Formatting our Lives

My computer screen froze on Sunday night. I turned it off. It was a "fatal" error. After that, Windows would not boot. I tried for two days to get it going. Finally, I gave up and had to install Windows again, which meant formatting my hard drive.

Formatting is like smoothing out the sand before you write again. Whatever was written on the sand before, is gone.

In the process of becoming a follower of Jesus, God formats our hard drive, erases the sins of our past, and installs a new program. This program is Jesus Christ. I was very frustrated when I had to format my hard drive, God formats our lives because of his kindness and love. Titus of the first century described it like this:

But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior (Titus 3:4-6).

3 comments:

Donna G said...

It is those fragments that stay in "hard memory" that get me. I know they remain to keep me humble, but I sometimes wish they would go away too!

believingthomas said...

Great finding of God in an example people understand.t

art-lorena said...

I just read you page. Congratulations on helping people. I also like Alice Miller and totally agree with your views on formatting. I use art as a connection with my Creator, a kind of phone.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.