October 28, 2005

Chronic Emotional Pain

Chronic Emotional Pain

This is something that I was made aware of recently that I may be experiencing.

Dr. Richard Hanson writes, "Keep in mind that a realistic goal is not to simply "forget" the past. That may not be possible. In fact, your efforts to forget the past or avoid being reminded of the past may actually perpetuate the emotional pain. True healing may come about only when you acknowledge the painful life experiences and face the emotional pain that is now linked to those experiences."

I can relate to trying to forget the past. Read the article and share your thoughts.

2 comments:

Nancy French said...

That "self-soothing" thing was one of the sadder things I've read.

believingthomas said...

Thanks for the link. Seems to make a lot of sense to me. Those old wounds will not heal properly on their own sometimes as I know you know.. I certainly have learned that.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.