September 22, 2005

Waiting on Rita

Rita's coming tomorrow night. Many folks along the coast are probably as ready as they will ever be. The west side of Houston is feeling a little more at ease, while the east side is as about as anxious as person going in for major surgery. There is still a possibility of another dance to the right. Regardless, there is still a chance for tornadoes and flooding all along the upper Texas coast and into Louisiana.

Most of the folks in the town I live in have stayed. A few homes have plywood on the windows and a few more have tape. Everyone that stayed has water bottles, flashlights, plenty of batteries, and will fill up their bath tubs tomorrow -- just in case. All of the stores are closed. Nothing is going to be open until the storm passes. It is eerie.

"God is my refuge and strength, and ever present help in times of trial." This may be my mantra tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.