September 14, 2005

Sadness

Blessed are those who mourn, because they will be comforted. - Jesus Christ

This morning I woke up sad. Last night I was involved with my cousin to help her find her long lost aunt. We thought we found her. My cousin made the call, however, the phone has been disconnected. It may not have been her. It has been over forty years since she was known to be alive. A consultant at one of the internet search companies said she was probably still alive because she did not show up on their
SSDI report. I'm not so sure.

This morning I read that Chuck Obremski's fight may soon be over. He is the pastor of the Kindred Community Church and has valiantly been fighting cancer. David Fisher and his blog Pilgrim Scribblings introduced me to Chuck. He is an incredible pastor. He is deeply loved, and will be profoundly missed.

This morning I heard on the radio more Katrina stories. The interviews were very negative and were a continuation of the theme of "the blame game."

This morning I am sad; there is so much loss in this world. The words of Jesus came to me, "Blessed are those who mourn, because they will be comforted."

This morning I pray for all those who are sad. My prayer is that Jesus will wrap his arms of love around you and whisper in your ear, "I love you; I am with you; it is going to be ok."

3 comments:

Hoots Musings said...

I need your prayers.
Probably going to resign tomorrow and hope I find something temp in the mean time.

I feel as if I have been through the wringer.

Thanks for the affirmation!

Actualizing said...

I felt sad today too. In fact, I cried a few times today. It's OK to be sad.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful prayer - that everyone should hear such a loving voice who comforts us in our sadness.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.