August 15, 2005

Updates

This morning it is quiet. Last week we had three kids here, today we have one. We took Matthew and Melissa to college this weekend. I am a little surprised by how much I miss them this morning. Michael and I are going to become very close over the next three years. I hope he doesn't mind.

I think they should make a new bumper sticker for colleges. My children and all the money I can borrow go to ACU.
____________________________________

Udate on Sue Hackney

Yeah God! The news is good. Sue is out of the hospital and staying in a hotel in Lubbock for the night. They will be back in Fort Worth tomorrow afternoon.

Yeah God! There was no stroke! No blood clots in her lungs! Her potassium level was dangerously low and her blood sugar level was high. They feel the biggest contributor is her asthma. They also determined that one of her medications for her asthma was a major factor in this situation. They have given her information and tools to help with her condition.

Yeah God!! Thank you for being such great prayer warriors. I am convinced that it is because of all the prayers that this situation has had a happy ending. It amazes me how many people have been to God about Sue. Our group, the Heritage and Highland Oaks churches have email networks and the news was shared by all of them. We all called friends and family and asked for their involvement. I know Richland Hills was also in prayer about Sue. It’s just a wonderful thing!

One more thing – please spend some time thanking God for his healing power. He truly is an awesome, awesome God!

Anytime, anyone needs us to be in prayer about something, please remember this weekend. Just let me know and I can put the call out, and we will see God do wonderful things.

I’ll send out another update in a couple of days when Sue and Jim have gotten home and are settled.

Love ya bunches,

Landa

817-229-5398

2 comments:

Hoots Musings said...

David,
I got an email from the minister at Monterey in Lubbock. He got an email from a buddy in Louisiana regarding Sue.
It is a small world.

I have a sticker on my back windshield that reads:
ACU MOM

Hoots Musings said...

David,
Is the quiet calming?

Missed you today.
Hope you and Phyllis are well.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.