August 10, 2005

Interview with God

Have you seen an Interview with God? Beautiful pictures and soothing music has a very calming affect. The story is in the context of a dream.

Imagine having a conversation with God. What would you ask Him?

At this time in my life, I would ask, "Have I disappointed you?"

I have this overwhelming sense in my life that I am disappointing God. It seems I have blown most of my life. I really thought by this time I would be doing great things for God.

"What do you want me to do with my life?"

One of my problems with my career has been the feeling that what I am doing doesn't really matter. It is not important enough. The only time I have not had this feeling was when I was in full time ministry; then I felt guilty for getting paid, so I worked all the time. Yes, I am screwed up!

The answers to my questions to God can be found through meditating on the Scriptures, prayer, and listening. That is what I really need to do!

5 comments:

QueenBee said...

Remember, David, His mercies are new every morning.

jettybetty said...

May I "Amen" Cindy here--and add I am sooo thankful for that!

The question I would ask God:
Why do Christians fight each other?

JB

David Michael said...

Thank you for the reminder! "The steadfast love of the Lord.... I will sing that song today!

Nancy French said...

What's so cool is that you can have an "interview with God" any time...

That access is so shocking.

believingthomas said...

David,
One scene from a movie that haunts me is the end of Saving Private Ryan. Where Ryan as an old man in the cemetary in Normandy, falls to his knees crying. He asks his wife to tell him that he is a good man, that he has lived a life worthy of all that lost for his sake. I don't think we can ever do that. We can try. I hope for you the courage to follow whatever that might be.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.