June 17, 2005

The Last Letter

October 22, 1958

Dear Mom,

This is only going to be a short note and I'll get it in the mail real quick. I don't want to hold it any longer. The letter and the check came Saturday and I don't know how I'll ever be able to thank you enough.

I hope I can start paying you back immediately. I don't think there is very many other things that can happen to us to cause any more trouble. I'll get this in the mail now. I'll write a longer letter later. Please write again very soon.

Loads of love,

Ronald

2 comments:

Nancy French said...

What do you mean the "last" letter? Was this just before he died? You mean, he said that thing about the insurance and was dead within months?

So absolutely chilling.

David Michael said...

This is the last letter I have. He died in a one car accident a few days before Christmas.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.