June 15, 2005

A Call from the Past

About six years ago I received one of those phone calls "out of the blue."

"Hello David, this is Linda." After a few more words I immediately knew that this was my cousin Linda on my mother's side. The last time I saw her was when I was about 12. She lost contact with us and couldn't remember our adopted last name. She found me through a private investigator using my first and middle name and my birth date, which she recently found in a Bible. We met for lunch and spent the next five hours talking. It was an "Oprah Winfrey" moment.

Linda has given me some incredible insights into my birth parents, and her mother, who was my Aunt Betty (we lived with her for two years). Beverly was Linda and her brother Pat's aunt. Their family attended my parent's wedding.

Back to my earlier comments, "He married the wrong woman." Linda's information confirmed that Ronald and Beverly should have never gotten married. It was a disaster waiting to happen.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas, United States
Being a husband and a father is the greatest blessing in my life. I am also a Special Educator to students with an autism spectrum disorder.